Saturday, March 29, 2008

Things


The next night after Justice, I went and met Todd at The Vic to see John Vanderslice and Stephen Malkmus. I think I've already told you the story about the girl we were talking to there and the Missed Connection post. Here's the e-mail exchange we had about the post.

Todd's response, very amusing. He's a pretty cool guy. Thanks for making us hang out. And to answer Todd's query of why I was checking missed connections: I was looking for the blong groper at Justice.


Easter. Went to church downtown, where apparently there had been an anti-war demonstration at the morning mass. Some Bishop that had met with Bush was giving the homily when these protesters stood up and yelled about the death toll in Iraq and then threw fake blood on themselves. Channel 2 news interviewed me about, but I had no idea what they were talking about, so I doubt they used my interview.


Hey! I bought a bike. This was taken on a 20 mile ride I took on Lake Shore Drive. CHICAGO! It has only been a week of riding, but I can already feel myself getting into better shape, e.g. I can run upstairs and not get as winded as I used to.


----------------
Now playing: We Are Wolves - Vamos A La Playa
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Becca said...

Why doesn't everybody check Missed Connections more often? Ever since I told everyone that knows Todd out here this story, we've all been talking about how....I mean....shouldn't we all just check it all the time? Wouldn't that exponentially increase its value?

Also, our collective favorite missed connection, ripped from Defamer:
"Dark Hair, Striped Sweater, Clean Cut at The Griffin - w4m - 23
I saw you across the bar and couldn't believe my eyes. I was drinking a Guinness and you were talking to two friends. I stood near you, hoping you'd notice me. Did you? Me: dark hair, ponytail, gray jacket, glasses. You: Joseph Gordon-Levitt."