Saturday, September 15, 2007

Little Night

Last night started out with great promise--Ali and I actually wanted to go. out. DRINKING!--and ended up cozy at friends' houses; not bad, but not the adventure a walking city could have provided. Hmf. Anyway, took this outside of Little Bar, literally the only bar within walking distance ($5 Sam Adams Octoberfest ($1 off during Sox game) + $5 Newcastle (written "New castle" on board)):
The big sign is the 4-sided Samsung uber-light that hangs over the corner of La Brea and Wilshire; I keep trying slowly to introduce my friends to calling it "The Mid-City Moon." I took a walk one night when it was off for some reason, and my neighborhood (.8 miles away) was noticeably darker. No word yet on whether the coinage is taking off, though folks is generally tickled when I tell them about it.

This morning felt bad for not posting last night, so I took this picture, the au courant bag dump shot:

Thingz of note:
1. Glasses not in provided case.
2. Now-warm bad beer.
3. Band-aids for left thumbnail still falling off.
4. Chopsticks from TofuFest still in bag since they were put there, by us. Do you really want me to mail you yours? Fuck it, I will. Try me.
5. Sheridan postcard--did I show it to you when you were here? Hill and Trevor found it at Melrose Trading Post. I date it ca. '75.



I propose Shit & Eat Institutionalization Move #3:
(1. Post every day.)
(2. One picture & explanation. Unrelated tangents accepted.)
3. When purchased liquor is mentioned, price & other metropolis-specific details are to be given, unless it is a long laundry list which is actually just bragging.


----------------
Now playing: Tomboy - 2 Mar 2007 - Tomboy - DJ Mix // And Did We Mention Our Disco?
via FoxyTunes

No comments: